Re: "make postgres.pdf" doesn't work

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "make postgres.pdf" doesn't work
Date: 2007-10-08 18:44:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> You need to say "make postgres-US.pdf" or -A4.
>
> Thanks, that "works" (in the sense that some commands are run). I still
> can't generate the PDFs but that seems because I need to do some
> modification to TeX "according to jadetex installation instructions".
> Of course, having installed jadetex with aptitude, I cannot seem to find
> those instructions anywhere.

I'm not sure what error you're hitting, but since the pg manual is quite
large you've got to up some tex limits. Attached is my jadetex config
for debain unstable. It goes in /etc/texmf/texmf.d and you need to run
update-texmf after changing it.

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
96JadeTeX.cnf text/plain 810 bytes