Re: statement caching link on jdbc page

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Till Toenges <tt(at)kyon(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: statement caching link on jdbc page
Date: 2007-10-05 07:38:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Till Toenges wrote:

> I added a new section "Download Current Version" below the "About" section.
> The idea behind this is that most people will be interested only in one or
> two versions. In the dummy only one link to the current JDBC 3 version is
> included, the download statistics should show which other versions are
> popular enough to be included here.

I think this is a good idea, but I would include a link to JDBC4 as well
because despite our poor support it is the way of the future.

> This is also a convenient place to link to the extras page, with a short
> description of what else is available. This way, the extras will be more
> prominently displayed, and more people will find them.

I hoping we fold in the copy stuff so that disappears and until we have
some actual documentation/experience with the statement caching version,
I'm not sure how prominently I would like to promote it.

> The table at the end is the same as before. Could be split up in "Development
> Versions", "Archived Versions" and "Source Downloads" tables if it gets too
> crowded, but it's ok for now.

Yeah, since we don't even maintain 7.X anymore, mentioning 6.X and 0.2 is
a little pointless.

Kris Jurka