Re: So, why isn't *every* buildfarm member failing ecpg right now?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: So, why isn't *every* buildfarm member failing ecpg right now?
Date: 2007-06-11 07:43:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> turnip_moth is also a Solaris 9 box and doesn't seem have the same issue.
>>
>> Kris, is there anything unusual installed on the box that would make it
>> behave like this?
>>

> Not sure what's going on here. I did a manual run of the ecpg tests and it
> completed normally. This machine is quite out of date and it has a large mix
> of GNU tools with the solaris ones. Since turnip_moth is maintained by Sun I
> would expect it to be up to date on patches and have few non-Sun tools
> installed. So it could be using a different interpreter or it could be using
> a broken tool for which a patch has been released. I'll try doing a run with
> the buildfarm client later today to try and reproduce this.

Running ecpg's pg_regress script with -x yields:

+ cp connect/test2.c results/connect-test2.c
+ connect/test2
+ mv results/connect-test2.c results/connect-test2.c.tmp
+ cat results/connect-test2.c.tmp
+ rm results/connect-test2.c.tmp
+ [ yes = yes ]
./pg_regress: bad substitution

So it looks like it's bailing on this line:

if [ "$enable_threading" = yes ] && [ "${i%%/*}" = "thread" ]; then

and it doesn't like the ${i%%/*} construct. Still not sure why it happens
some places and not others.

Kris Jurka