Re: JDBC and composite types

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Marcin Gala <mailing(at)siec(dot)mine(dot)nu>
Subject: Re: JDBC and composite types
Date: 2007-05-21 15:35:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 19 May 2007, Marcin Gala wrote:

> Could anyone tell me, how to read table's columns that are of composite type?
> I was trying to use getObject with different types of casting, however
> nothing worked

Technically getObject on a complex type should return an instance of
java.sql.Struct by default or an instance of java.sql.SQLData if the type
has been mapped to a specific java class. This has not been implemented
in the pg driver yet though.

> :( Also getString doesn't give me a string representation of type...

It does for me. See the attached example.

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
CompositeType.java text/plain 766 bytes