Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install

From: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-patches] [HACKERS] less privileged pl install
Date: 2007-03-26 21:59:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com> writes:
> > This version of the patch includes documentation changes. Please
> > review...
>
> Applied with minor revisions --- in particular, I thought the initial
> owner of a language should be its creator, full stop, rather than the
> rather strange (and undocumented) behavior you had.

The reason I did it like that was this email from you:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-01/msg01186.php

> Also you missed updating pg_dump.

Indeed.

Now, all I need is the 'tsearch2 in core' patch to go in, and 8.3 will
solve almost all of my problems :) Then I just need to nag my hosting
provider to upgrade once it is released. I have been refraining from
nagging about them still running 8.1.3 in anticipation of this ;)

--
Five is a sufficiently close approximation to infinity.
-- Robert Firth