Re: Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName,

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName,
Date: 2007-01-04 16:44:42
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Dave Cramer wrote:

> The backend does not provide us with this information, so it is not trivial
> to implement( or even possible in some cases) .

Actually we did implement it and then backed it out following the
discussion starting here and moved it into PGResultSetMetaData methods
like getBaseColumnName.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-08/threads.php#00008

We should certainly be able to implement getCatalogName though.

Kris Jurka