Re: PG 8.2's JDBC, and Statement.executeUpdate(String,

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 8.2's JDBC, and Statement.executeUpdate(String,
Date: 2006-12-14 05:11:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Ken Johanson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm getting a:
>
> AbstractMethodError:
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.Jdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)I
>
> when I call Statement.executeUpdate(String, String[]) on the PG 8.2 distro's
> JDBC driver (I did not check any other versions).

executeUpdate(String, String[]) is a JDBC3 method, but you are evidently
using a JDBC2 driver. When you use a JDBC3 driver you will get a
SQLException reporting that this method is not implemented if you
supply anything other than an array of zero length. Actually this should
probably also allow a null array as now it will throw a NPE when it
shouldn't.

Kris Jurka