pg_dump exclusion switches and functions/types

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump exclusion switches and functions/types
Date: 2006-10-05 22:24:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Testing out the new pg_dump exclusion switches I've found that excluding a
table means that no functions or types will be dumped. Excluding one
table shouldn't exclude these objects. My real use case for this
functionality is that I have a database that has 99% of its space used by
one big table and I'd like to be able to dump the rest of the database
quickly. If I lose function/type information it's useless.

Kris Jurka