Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Jeanna Geier <jgeier(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL
Date: 2006-09-26 19:23:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Jeanna Geier wrote:

> Hello- Sorry to re-post this, but I'm sort of stuck on this one and can't
> move forward until I get it resolved.... I've been googling some more and
> looking on some Java sites and trying out some different things with no luck.
> If anyone could offer me some assistance on this one, I would be greatly
> appreciative.

It's a little unclear how much if any of this problem was solved on
-hackers and -admin.

> I've tried the following with the 'prop.setProperty("ssl","true) parameter -
> added:

You definitely need this to get a SSL connection.

> However, when I do that, it's throwing an exception from: connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection(url, prop);
> and I'm getting an error message that says: "The connection attempt failed."

Have you read the documentation here:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/ssl-client.html

Java validates the server certificate by default which is different than
the behavior of libpq.

Kris Jurka