Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off

From: "Jeanna Geier" <jgeier(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off
Date: 2006-09-26 19:26:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Dave-

Thanks for the reply!!

I should probably have prefaced this message with a disclaimer that I'm
attempting to establish an SSL connection to the database. :o)

I did as you said: uncommented the host line and restarted the server...
and I am still getting an error "The connection attempt failed."

However, if I comment out the connection parameter I added for the SSL
connection:
//prop.setProperty("ssl", DB_SSL_STATUS);

and run the project, it runs OK; but that sort of defeats my purpose of
establishing an SSL connection to the database. :o)

So, if I can get this running with the SSL connection working, I'm going to
be in business!

When the program gets to this line: connection =
DriverManager.getConnection(url, prop); -- the url is correct, and 'prop'
has the values of 'ssl=true','user=postgres','password=XXXX' - all correct,
but it throws an exception. Guess it doesn't like the new SSL parameter for
some reason - Any ideas out there?

Thanks much,
-Jeanna