Re: COPY rehashed

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: "A(dot)M(dot)" <agentm(at)themactionfaction(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY rehashed
Date: 2006-05-16 18:43:01
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 16 May 2006, A.M. wrote:

> I would like to be able to use COPY operations from JDBC. I searched the
> archives and the last time it came up was August 2005. Everyone seems to
> be in agreement that it would come in handy, patches are available, but
> the indecision seems to be how to expose the COPY API. Is this correct?

Originally yes, but at this point I think we've resigned ourselves to
putting out whatever we can rather than working on the more complicated
API. The problem is really a matter of time and interest. All of the
maintainers are very busy and can barely keep up with existing bug
reports and list traffic.

Kris Jurka