Re: gcj has a lot of complaints about 8.1-405 release

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: gcj has a lot of complaints about 8.1-405 release
Date: 2006-03-27 22:12:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> So I tried to build the current release using latest gcj, and it blew up
> real good: 27 hard errors and 60 warnings. My java-fu is not that
> strong, but a lot of these look like problems to me. Comments?

The source of the problem is that ant is being run in a 1.5 JVM, but the
java compiler is defaulting to 1.4 source code and fails to recognize the
1.5 syntax. Currently ant must be run in the same JVM version as the
compiler expects. A workaround for you would be to add source="1.5" to
the javac tag in build.xml.

Kris Jurka