Re: Memory leak in 8.0 JDBC driver?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Memory leak in 8.0 JDBC driver?
Date: 2005-08-12 18:26:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> I think that I have found the memory leak, and it is indeed in the JDBC
> driver. All code references in the following refer to the 8.0-312 JDBC
> Source.

Yes, you have. I've put fixes into CVS for both the 8.0 and 8.1 branches.

> where an org.postgresql.util.PSQLWarning is retrieved with the contents:
> LOG: statement: INSERT INTO PARENT (ID, NAME, NUMMER) VALUES ($1, $2,
> $3)

The reason we haven't seen reports of this before is that you appear to
have enabled statement logging and adjusted client_min_messages to "log"
so by default these messages never get to the client.

Excellent analysis.

Kris Jurka