Re: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Xavier Poinsard <xpoinsard(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-02-10 09:08:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Xavier Poinsard wrote:

> I read in the code that the Uninmplemented exception was designed to
> reduce driver size, but would you consider a patch adding the name of
> the unimplemented function to the message ?

I don't know, it doesn't seem all that useful. Anyone doing real
development will surely know what function they are calling and will have
the stacktrace handy. If we find out that Crystal Reports or other
applications only return the error message with no context then we should
probably do something about it. For now I believe time would be better
spent actually implementing these methods.

Kris Jurka