Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] triggering builds - new skin

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] triggering builds - new skin
Date: 2004-12-31 04:58:26
Lists: buildfarm-members

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The advantage would be that we would only trigger builds when more
> significant things (i.e. code!) change, so the build history would
> become more useful, with less dross.

You could also consider modifying the display to not simply show the last
thirty build runs, but the last thirty status changes. This
would compress your consecutive successes something like this:

03:12:45 ago InstallCheck
07:12:45 ago -> 20 days ago 53 OK
21 days ago Initdb
22 dyas ago -> 45 days ago 60 OK

The problem with this approach is that it doesn't detect/show config
changes over the course of the many successful runs. Not that it's easy
to do that with the current system. Naturally you wouldn't want to
compress failures unless you were sure they really were the same failure,
but I imagine these logs are stored in one bulk text field making it
difficult to do such comparisons.

Kris Jurka