Re: XA support in JDBC driver

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: roncordell(at)comcast(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XA support in JDBC driver
Date: 2004-09-29 13:18:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 roncordell(at)comcast(dot)net wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the status of full XA support in the JDBC driver
> is? I had read a discussion thread on The Server Side recently that
> indicated that XA was 'faked' in the pgsql jdbc driver. If anyone knows
> what this means and can share, I would greatly appreciate it.

The postgresql jdbc driver does not have XA support because the server
does not support distributed transactions. In the past there was a "fake"
XA implementation, but it was removed over two years ago. Basically when
calling javax.transaction.xa.XAresource#prepare() it couldn't actually do
a prepare so it only checked if there were any outstanding errors in that
transaction.

Kris Jurka