Re: "out" parameters in CallableStatements

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: David Parker <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "out" parameters in CallableStatements
Date: 2004-09-23 19:00:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, David Parker wrote:

> Is the JDBC driver doing something special to support the
> registerOutParameter call? Assuming that it is using this to map the
> return value of the stored procedure, does it check that only one OUT
> parameter is registered, or limit it to parameter 1?

It is currently limited to the first parameter. Dave Cramer has produced
a patch to allow full in/out parameter support, but this requires some
complicated modifications to the stored procedure code. Since no one
has really requested this functionality and people are discussing adding
real in/out backend support for 8.1 we are currently waiting to see how
the real backend support works out before introducing this temporary hack
that will undoubtedly cause some backward compatibility problems.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-09/msg00004.php

Kris Jurka