Re: function parameters

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Antonini Roberto <Roberto(dot)Antonini(at)TILAB(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function parameters
Date: 2004-09-13 07:37:34
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Antonini Roberto wrote:

> When I invoke DB-side function, I can't pass more than 16 parameters to
> it.
>
> Is it a limit imposed by JDBC driver?
>
> If it's so, how can I override it?

This is a backend limitation, although the default was increased to 32 in
the 7.3 release I believe. To raise this requires some manual hacking on
config headers, try searching the archives for INDEX_MAX_KEYS. Another
option is to use complex types or arrays to pass multiple inputs in the
same parameter.

Kris Jurka