Re: No suitable driver error trying to connect to postgresql

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Robert Bowen <syg6(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No suitable driver error trying to connect to postgresql
Date: 2004-08-06 16:09:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Robert Bowen wrote:

> Anyone have this problem? Usually it is because of a classpath error
> but I have copied my jar file(s) into the jdeveloper/jdbc/lib
> directory (where the oracle jdbc drivers are ...) and tried the
> following:
>
> url : localhost:5432 (this works in pgAdmin)

pgAdmin is not a java client, so there are a number of differences. I
imagine you want a url of the form

jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydatabase

also a JDBC connection requires tcpip sockets enabled on the server and
access allowed in pg_hba.conf which pgAdmin doesn't necessarily need.

Finally you haven't given any error messages so the above is just
speculation.

Kris Jurka