Re: 7.5dev assertion failure w/ v3 protocol and transactions

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.5dev assertion failure w/ v3 protocol and transactions
Date: 2004-07-29 22:35:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> There's no Assert at line 574 in CVS tip; how far back is your copy?
> I think this might be related to some changes I made recently, so
> please try if it still happens in CVS tip.

This is odd. I updated earlier today, and just to make sure I did a make
distclean ; cvs update, and rebuilt now. I still get the same stacktrace
showing portalmem.c:574, but in the postmaster log the assertion line is
attributed to line 561, which does have an assert.

The error related to the control file was due to an errant script I had
which did an rm -rf data ; initdb -D data from underneath a postmaster
that was in the process of shutting down.

Kris Jurka