Re: Support for JDK 1.5 RowSets

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Kevin MacClay <kmacclay(at)vantage(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for JDK 1.5 RowSets
Date: 2004-06-16 17:54:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Kevin MacClay wrote:

> JDBC Developers,
>
> What are your plans for supporting the upcoming JDK 1.5 including
> RowSets? I tried using the CachedRowSet class with the latest build of
> JDK 1.5 and the latest JDBC3 driver build, and ran into this error:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This method is not yet implemented.
> at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:413)
> at
> org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3DatabaseMetaData.locatorsUpdateCopy(Ab
> stractJdbc3DatabaseMetaData.java:339)

The locatorsUpdateCopy method describes how LOBs are updated, but in the
pg driver LOBs aren't updateable at all. If your code is using JDBC large
objects you're in trouble, but it's possible that the rowset
implementation is just probing the driver for all possible attributes.

Could you retest with a version that I've changed to return true for this
method? I've put up a jar file here:

http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/

Kris Jurka