Re: Driver JDBC3 build 213 for postgreSQL 7.4

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Alban Mathieu <alban(at)alliancegraphique(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver JDBC3 build 213 for postgreSQL 7.4
Date: 2004-05-21 17:15:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Alban Mathieu wrote:

> I got some troubles with the jdbc driver build 213 for postgreSQL 7.4
> The method ResultSet.getFetchSize() return always 0
>
> I use now the driver for postgreSQL 7.3 and evrything is working fine...

A lot of people have been using getFetchSize to try and determine the
retrieved ResultSet size which happened to be true in <= 7.3 drivers, but
this is not what the method is actually supposed to do. The 7.4 driver
has cursor based fetching which uses the fetch size for it's intended
purpose. Please consult the javadoc and find a more compliant way of
doing what you want.

Kris Jurka