Re: patch for getUDT

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for getUDT
Date: 2004-05-17 22:41:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Here's a patch for getUDT, I'll apply it if nobody complains..

It seems to have some problems, most notably the fact that we don't
support UDTs. Looking at the javadoc for this function you are returing
NULL for both class_name and data_type which doesn't look like it's
allowed as type_cat and type_schem explicitly state their ability to be
null. Without class_name and data_type what information are we really
returning? If you are really just returning plain type info, how is this
different/better than getTypeInfo().

If you want to implement it for the sake of implementing it, the docs
state, "Note: If the driver does not support UDTs, an empty result set is
returned." I belive this is the correct thing to do.

Kris Jurka