Re: Replication direction

From: bpalmer <bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication direction
Date: 2002-02-22 16:33:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> working on a fairly advanced replication solution that they hope to add
> to 7.3. However, has everyone reviewed that information? Is this the
> direction we want to go? I was personally impressed by it, but I am no
> replication expert.

7.3 is probably a reach. We're hoping to get master-slave working first
and then multimaster, high quality multimaster for 7.3 might be too fast
to hope for (even it it takes a year as 7.1 -> 7.2 did).

- Brandon

c: 646-456-5455 h: 201-798-4983
b. palmer, bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net pgp:crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5