Getting Image coordinates when mouse is clicked on the image and storing it in a variable

From: arun kv <arun(at)library(dot)iisc(dot)ernet(dot)in>
To: PGSQL <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: php-xml-subscribe(at)yahoogroups(dot)com
Subject: Getting Image coordinates when mouse is clicked on the image and storing it in a variable
Date: 2002-05-03 13:26:29
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello,
Is there any way to get the coordinates value, when an image is clicked.
Say I have created an image link using "mapedit".Instead of linking to
any URL, I want to link to a php file, which returns a value. This value
should be stored in a file against the corresponding coordinate of the
image.
I.e when a mouse is clicked on a image, its coordinates value should
be stored in a variable and the corresponding function should be called
which returns a variable. Both these values should be stored in a
file.

Regards
Arun