Re: autoconf taking forever?

From: bpalmer <bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autoconf taking forever?
Date: 2001-10-23 23:03:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I'm working on making some changes to the top level configure.in and m4
> > has now been running for 17 minutes on a 1.4G tbird. Am I missing
> > something or is this know to take forever?
>
> For me, the autoconf run is "instantaneous". Make sure you're using
> Autoconf 2.13, and you don't have actual infinite loops in your code. Or
> perhaps the problem is in OpenBSD's m4 (which I suspect you are using)?

I am running 2.13 (even on a clean checkout of 7.1.3) and the autoconf
takes forever. However, m4 is the process that's running forever, so I
have no doubs that the problem is there. What version do you use that
works? I'll try getting a new version... Any ideas where to look for a
solution though?

- Brandon

c: 646-456-5455 h: 201-798-4983
b. palmer, bpalmer(at)crimelabs(dot)net pgp:crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5