Re: New data type: uniqueidentifier

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: Thomas Swan <tswan-lst(at)ics(dot)olemiss(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New data type: uniqueidentifier
Date: 2001-07-03 15:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If you mean the [proposed?] standard itself, here is a good description of
it:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/uuid-guid/draft-leach-uuids-guids-01.txt

It was a proposed IETF standard, however, IETF standardization failed
because ISO already ratified it as a DCE/RPC standard ISO 11578, however,
the above URL provides far better description of UUIDs than ISO standard
itself