cstring datatype

From: Alex Pilosov <alex(at)pilosoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cstring datatype
Date: 2001-06-10 02:31:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Awhile ago, I remember discussion about having a 'cstring' datatype in
pgsql with builtin understanding that to convert to cstring you need to
use xxx_out and to convert from cstring you need to use yyy_in.

Anything came out of this discussion? It seems it'd be a great way to
have easiest datatype conversions where its possible at all.
(I.E. data::foo::cstring::bar would do (essentially) bar_in(foo_out(data))

Thanks
-alex