Re: [INTERFACES] Web, PostgreSQL, C

From: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)lan2wan(dot)com>
To: Margarita Barvinok <brita(at)umich(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Web, PostgreSQL, C
Date: 1999-08-10 21:56:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Margarita Barvinok wrote:

> Sorry for stupid questions but all this stuff is new for me.
> I am working on a CGI program to access Postgres DB from the Web.
> I would like to use C for CGI.
> I took standard post-query.c program that transfer data from Web to the
> program.
> Then I add some Postgres staff and compile the program with Postgres
> libraries. And the program doesn't work. It dives this error:
>
> Internal Server Error
> unable to complete your request.
>
> Even more... If I compile (by gcc) post-query.c program adding to -I, -L,
> -l options Postgres include and lib directories, the program gives the
> same error.
> What is wrong? Do I need to install something or change configuration
> somewhere?
> I have PostgreSQL 6.5

Try running the CGI program from the command-line, if possible. You may
get more information from the program as to why it's crashing.

Have you looked into using the Perl interface for Postgres? Perl has
some really nice features for CGI programming, so you can focus on what
your application does rather than how it is supposed to work.

Brett W. McCoy
http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to
sell it.