Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance
Date: 2003-08-28 12:25:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Bill Moran wrote:

> Intelligent feedback is welcome.

That's some good work there, Lou. You'll make sgt for that someday.

But I think the next step, before trying out other filesystems and options
would be concurrency. Run a bunch of these beasts together and see what
happens (I don't think too many of us have a single session running).
Perhaps even make them "interfere" with each other to create as much
"pain" as possible?

on a side note - I might be blind here - I didn't see what version of pg
you were using or any postgresql.conf tweaks - or did you just use
whatever came with each distro?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/