Re: Seeking advice on getting started with PHP & PG in Debian

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on getting started with PHP & PG in Debian
Date: 2003-04-11 21:24:09
Lists: pgsql-php

Nick.....

> but I'm not sure what components I'll need to get in order to set up PHP
> & connect it to PGSQL.

I'm running Debian Linux with php and postgreSQL on my development laptop.

Go with php4, it has everything plus more that php3 has.

I've got these modules loaded for serving php postgesql webpages.

apache
apache-common
php4
php4-pgsql

and you may also want to load

php4-curl - if you want your server to connect as a client to other
websites via secure connection (for credit card verification and such)

phppgadmin - a set of scripts to adminster postgreSQL remotely

and of course phpdoc and postgresql-doc.

I also have postgresql and postgresql-client on my machine, but in your
case they will be on your remote machine.

Hope I didn't leave anything out.

brew

Strange Brew (brew(at)theMode(dot)com)
Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
http://www.TheMode.com