Re: Problems when deleting data.

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems when deleting data.
Date: 2003-03-22 13:02:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Fred.....

> The problem I have is that when i reload a new batch of random data it
> doesnt work, instead it reloads the old data. I've tried almost
> everyhting, deleting all rows then resinserting, droping the databse and
> then restarting.

Sounds like maybe you've given the file with the new data a different name
than the old, but keep using the old accidently. I know this sounds
obvious, but believe me, I've spent hours puzzling over simple mistakes
like that, as much as I don't want to admit it.

After you delete the rows is the database then empty?

Did you look at the new data file before dumping it in?

My guess is it's a cockpit error...... maybe somebody else has another

brew