Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Ron Mayer <ron(at)intervideo(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-01-30 13:24:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Dave Page wrote:

> > On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Ron Mayer wrote:
> >

> > > Cool irony in the automated .sig on the mailinglist software...

> > > Sounds like you're basically saying is
> > >
> > > _do_ 'kill -9' the postmaster...
> > >
> > > and make sure it recovers gracefully when testing for an
> > "industrial-
> > > strength solution".
> >
> > Not what I said at all.
>
> It's not far off, but it's quite amusing none the less.

I agree with Tom on yanking the plug while it's operating. Do you
know the difference between kill -9 and yanking the plug?

> What I read from your postings it that you are demanding more rigourous
> testing for a new major feature *prior* to it being comitted to CVS in a
> dev cycle than I think we ever gave any previous new feature even in the
> beta test phase. I don't object to testing, and have been thinking about
> coding something to address Tom's concerns, but let's demand heavy
> testing for the right reasons, not just to try to justify not doing a
> Win32 port.

Nice try. I've demanded nothing, quit twisting my words to fit your
argument. If you're going to test and call it conclusive, do some
conclusive testing or call it something else. But I suspect that since
you don't know the difference between yanking the plug and kill -9 this
conversation is a waste of time.

Vince.
--
Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond! http://www.pop4.net/