postgresql with SuSE 8.0

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql with SuSE 8.0
Date: 2003-01-28 15:19:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Gang.......

> Write the SuSE engineers (support(at)suse(dot)com).

I use Debian on my development laptop and just want to thank our own
Oliver Elphick for his work there. He is responsible for the package and
it loaded and started from the apt-get install command most wonderfully.

Thanks Oliver.

However, getting Debian installed and understanding how apt-get works and
the philosophy behind it was somewhat harder.

Guess there is always choices and the associated good and bad side of
everything. And if it ever becomes completely automatic and does
everything anybody would want then we'd still have to figure out what
we want so the program would do it.

Oh, the dream of software that writes itself. A friend of mine with years
of experience says ever since he started people (non-programming managers,
usually) have been saying that soon software would write itself
automatically and put programmers out of business in a few years...... it
hasn't happened yet.

Thanks again, Oliver.

brew