Re: OSS RDBMS Features Compared

From: Mark Stosberg <mark(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: Sebastian Hetze <s(dot)hetze(at)linux-ag(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OSS RDBMS Features Compared
Date: 2002-08-24 23:59:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Sebastian Hetze wrote:

> With this comparison we are definitely not making a statement about
> one RDBMS being better than another. We have found and we are convinced
> that there is no evidence at all to prefere one of them in general.
> The purpose of this comparison is to find the best fit for a given
> situation.

Sebastian,

This looks good. One technical note. This draft says that Postgres
doesn't support "JOIN USING", but I believe it does. It's documented
here:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?queries-table-expressions.html
(and I've used it myself).

Also, a minor typo: "dokumentation" should be "documentation".

-mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/