Re: insert statements

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: insert statements
Date: 2002-03-14 14:39:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Rod Taylor wrote:

> As snipped from:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2000-10/msg00030.php (All
> my stuff is in paper form)
> What's your definition of "other dbs"? The above statement is quite
> clearly in violation of the SQL92 and SQL99 specifications:

And nowhere does it say that <column name> cannot be qualified with
the table name in front of it. Looking at the entire message noted
above the list of other dbs that support it is now Oracle, Sybase,
MS-SQL and mysql. If "other dbs" ends up the equivilent of "everything
but PostgreSQL" then which one is non-standard?