Re: History question

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: History question
Date: 2001-11-30 18:02:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Yes, no code went from Ingres to Postgres.
>
> Right. Trying to link Ingres with Postgres is a bit of a stretch. How
> about linking the team and leaving it at that? Postgres was in many ways
> a clean break to try some new ideas, not an evolutionary development
> (witness the first implementation in lisp, which afaik was not part of
> the Ingres code base).
>
> Is the book content copyrighted differently from the currently posted
> content? If so, perhaps someone would like to just update the content...

Either way it's Bruce's text (both book and stuff on the website) so
I'll let you guys figure that out. BTW, there's a reference that
Daemon News also has a copy of that in their archives. Anyway I'm
in class the rest of the day so whatever gets decided I'll get it
tomorrow.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com