Re: Beta going well

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta going well
Date: 2001-11-06 03:03:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > The stamp is written at midnite local time. As I said above, there
> > is currently no official PostgreSQL mirror in Australia. Beta info
> > is found on the Developer's website, I keep it separated because of
> > our history of stable releases, many people come to expect it out of
> > the betas as well and aren't happy if it doesn't have release version
> > stability. The developer's website is: http://developer.postgresql.org/
>
> May I ask why there isn't an active Australian mirror? I, for one, would
> find it quite helpful. I did notice when it was removed from the
> www.postgresql.org 'flags' list tho.

We don't solicit mirrors. If someone wants to mirror, they contact us.
Recently we changed the rsync host and requirements for mirror hosts,
planetmirror hasn't responded.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com