Re: Beta going well

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Beta going well
Date: 2001-11-04 17:25:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> On Saturday 03 November 2001 07:51 pm, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > I don't think so ... let's talk beta2 in mid November, with a much broader
> > announcement then just -hackers, with maybe an rc1 around the end of
> > November, schedualing a release for January 1st or there abouts ...
> >
> > Few ppl ever jump onto Beta1 of anything ... there have been some changes
> > since Beta, so a Beta2 is warranted ... rc1 is when we've always stated
> > that we are confident with it for release, so that more ppl start to jump
> > on ...
>
> In addition to my previous post, I have been trying unsuccessfully for the
> last 10 - 15 mintues to find somewhere that I can download the beta software
> from. ftp.postgresql.org is at it's user limit and the message references
> the mirror list found at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/sites.html
>
> However when I go to this link I am redirected to
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/

The machine the database is on doesn't appear to be available. I guess
things will be disrupted until the game of musical machines is over :(

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com