Re: Another news story in need of 'enlightenment'

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another news story in need of 'enlightenment'
Date: 2001-04-18 12:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I can't seem to get at the original anymore, but we talked to Dr.
Soparkar, and is posted a 'followup' of the article to:

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-04-16-009-21-PS-EL-HE-0038

Since I can't seem to get to the original on dqindia.com, I can't comment
on what's changed ...

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Lamar Owen
> > This one probably needs the 'iron hand and the velvet paw' touch. The
> > iron hand to pound some sense into the author, and the velvet paw to
> > make him like having sense pounded into him. Title of article is 'Open
> > Source Databases Won't Fly' --
> > http://www.dqindia.com/content/enterprise/datawatch/101041201.asp
>
> I'm not sure there was even a point in there. The article was rambling
> and undirected. Completely apart from any content, this just seemed like
> a badly written article. I'm not sure that it even merits consideration
> in this forum.
>
> I guess anyone can be published on the net.
>
> --
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/ | and a sheep voting on
> +1 416 425 1212 (DoD#0082) (eNTP) | what's for dinner.

Marc G. Fournier ICQ#7615664 IRC Nick: Scrappy
Systems Administrator @ hub.org