Re: Compiling on FreeBSD 2.2.x? (-export-dynamic unavailable)

From: Are Bryne <are-pgsql-ports(at)communique(dot)no>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling on FreeBSD 2.2.x? (-export-dynamic unavailable)
Date: 2002-01-25 20:41:59
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Are Bryne writes:
>
> > I hope my original posting made it to the list, and that this list is read
> > and in use. The search features on fts.postgresql.org seem to be out of
> > order/not yet implemented, and no archives are to be found.
>
> archives.postgresql.org

Thank you. Unfortunately, when trying
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/, I get the following message:
Fatal error: Failed opening required '/usr/local/www/archives/php_config.php'
(include_path='/usr/local/www/phplib:.') in /usr/local/www/archives/pgsql-ports/index.php on line 6

I've been in contact with Vince Vielhaber about pgsql-ports not being
linked to from the user's lounge (nor in fact developer's corner), and not
being on the list in the subscription form on the web. He acknowledged
this, and thought it strange it hadn't been noticed before. I am sure he
will realize that http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/ is out of
order too.

> > There seems to be several small details that don't work 'out of the box' -
> > eg. my system is being picked up as elf-based...
>
> Where and how, and why is that wrong? Well, so it's not ELF-based, but
> what is it, and why does it matter? Give us something to work with.

Please see my reply to Tom Lane.

Thank your for your reply, btw.

Regards,
Are Bryne
--
Communiqué DA Office: +47 22 44 33 99
Postboks 9050 Grønland Mobile: +47 900 22 009