Re: Re: 7.1 expected features list?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: David Wall <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: 7.1 expected features list?
Date: 2001-01-25 01:41:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, David Wall wrote:

> Is there any thought about the general availability date? Is there likely
> to be a migration issue if I use 7.1 beta now?

Right now, we're probably looking at *at least* mid-February ... still a
bunch of open items that have to be confirmed before release, so at least
two more beta releases before release. We're doing a beta4 this coming
Friday ...

As for migration issue ... there are no guarantees in that regard ... if
the change is large enough, there could be an initdb required between now
and release, but the developers try *very hard* to avoid that this late in
the beta cycle ...