Re: CVS changes

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-02 00:38:52
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Vince, can I have write permision to /usr/local/www/www/html/docs on the
> > new web server machine so I can create symbolic links to the files in my
> > home directory?
>
> ??!!
>
> Bruce, what is actually happening here? If we are changing procedures
> for building docs, please try to have a discussion about it first. What
> are you trying to accomplish that is anything but what has already been
> implemented?
>
> If we are taking the role of "central doc build process" away from me,
> istm that Peter E would be an appropriate choice for the replacement.
>
> The fundamental problem is not that there is no docs building procedure.
> It is that the docs destination area disappeared several weeks ago and
> is nowhere to be seen.

Until the dust settles the only two people with write access to either
the developer or regular website will be Marc and myself. I have enough
to do trying to get mirroring straight, keep up with changes to the sites,
etc. that I really don't need anyone messing around. So Bruce, your
request is going to be denied.

Tom, what's missing or out of place? If I can I'll make sure it's there.
This morning I noticed a number of things that I thought were there really
weren't.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com