create user problem

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: create user problem
Date: 2001-06-13 17:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

According to \h create user I can stipulate NOCREATEDB and NOCREATEUSER
when I create a user. But I get this:

mydb=# create user foo NOCREATEUSER NOCREATEDB in group bar;
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "NOCREATEDB"
mydb=#

I can create the user by only stipulating one of the NOCREATE items but
not both. Does that mean something's broke or am I misunderstanding
this:

CREATE USER username
[ WITH
[ SYSID uid ]
[ PASSWORD 'password' ] ]
[ CREATEDB | NOCREATEDB ] [ CREATEUSER | NOCREATEUSER ]
[ IN GROUP groupname [, ...] ]
[ VALID UNTIL 'abstime' ]

This line:

[ CREATEDB | NOCREATEDB ] [ CREATEUSER | NOCREATEUSER ]

does say I can do both, right?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com