RE: AW: RE: RE: RE: ODBC and Access 2000

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: AW: RE: RE: RE: ODBC and Access 2000
Date: 2001-05-23 13:07:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Dave Page wrote:

> > Which docs? Right now for
> > the FAQ I'm
> > just pointing to the one on the ftpsite. I see the config
> > help has something now. Has the main page changed any? What
> > else is there? The other docs I have there point inside the
> > interactive docs to the odbc section.
>
> Your main page already mirrors the changes I made to index.html
> download.html describes (and links to) the various download options.
> configuration.html lists the various config options.
>

> > > Anyway, I'm currently looking after the odbc directory on the ftp
> > > server, as well as building the binary distros in there, so
> > perhaps we
> > > should co-ordinate our efforts. It would be good imho to
> > use the ftp
> > > area purely for downloads and move the docs to the website
> > as the 'one
> > > true copy'
> >
> > For downloads I'm also pointing to the FTP site.
>
> Yes. I think if the three pages I've listed above, and faq.html can be added
> to the site as proper pages (i.e. formatted to match the rest of the site,
> and served by httpd, then the copies in the ftp area can be removed, so that
> the ftp area is purely for downloads. That way odbc.postgresql.org *is* the
> one source of good odbc info.

The current look/feel of the odbc site is just something I cobbled
together. I'm working on something that'll be easier to use and looks
better, I'm planning on stealing some of Justin's ideas on the techdocs
site but with a different color scheme. Then if it looks and works good
I'll merge the design into the main site as well.

How often do the three pages get updated?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com