Re: Developer vs. Programmer

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Developer vs. Programmer
Date: 2001-04-30 10:19:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Right now we have a Developer's Guide (for internal db development) and
> a Programmer's Guide (for interfaces). We also have a Developer's
> Corner on our web site.
>
> Is there a clearer way to distinguish Programmer from DB internals
> Developer. I always get them confused.

Since the "Developer's Guide" is something that didn't exist in the
docs before 7.1, I'd say that if anything a new name for it would be
needed. But I have no suggestions.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com