Re: Comment about PostgreSQL on Epinions.com

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Alessio Bragadini <alessio(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comment about PostgreSQL on Epinions.com
Date: 2001-04-25 12:56:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Alessio Bragadini wrote:

> While searching for some info and using google.com I came across
>
> <http://www.epinions.com/ensw-review-7F55-42531AD1-3A43D81B-prod3>
>
> I am the first to understand that the opinion in such a site is
> worthless and the guy seems not to understand anything about DBMSs but
> it's quite harsh anyway.

Considering the review was done in December he was more than likely
using an early beta, but even tho he was asked he didn't say. Some
of his comments - speed mainly - looked like he had his mysql and
postgresql numbers reversed based on EVERY benchmark I've seen. You
are 100% correct tho, his opinion is worthless and is based on an
apparent lack of facts. He gives no data to back up any of his claims
and according to the info on the left side, people actually listen to
him and trust his opinions. Go figure!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com