Interactive docs beta test

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Interactive docs beta test
Date: 2001-04-23 14:20:02
Lists: pgsql-docs

I'm looking for some guinne^H^H^H^H^H^Hfolks to test the interactive
docs I've set up. Interactive docs are similar to php.net's docs where
the users can enter tips, comments, etc., I called them DocNotes. I
have this temporarily set up to see how well it works at:

http://odbc.postgresql.org/docs

It's also got a search feature, but be warned.. it's really a crude
search. For example, if you put in the word "the", you'll probably
get 486 hits. The search was just something I threw in while importing
the docs themselves, it doesn't support any boolean arguments and will
only search on one word (but it does do LIKE searches).

If this documentation setup is feasible and is something that folks
feel should be part of the regular site then I'll probably keep it.
If not then off it goes.

If it appears to go here, I'll mention it on hackers and general later
in the week.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com