Re: Broken Link on Web site

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Duncan John Fyfe <duncan(at)little-wonder(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken Link on Web site
Date: 2001-04-08 23:27:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, but for general pointing, I will point to development docs.

What I was trying to point out is the docs will change before the
actual sources do. Then folks waste time trying to do something
that's not even in the software they're running. If you don't
point at something stable and released, don't point at anything
unless you're putting your own email address on it. Those that
maintain it don't need to try and figure out why something doesn't
work if it's not even implemented yet. We HAVE been there before
and it wasn't fun - it tends to piss people off.

Vince.