Re: 7.1 printed manuals

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1 printed manuals
Date: 2001-02-09 18:26:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Also, shouldn't we be distributing PDF files rather than PS files. I
> always considered PS files to be unportable because they assume you have
> the same fonts with identical font spacing installed on your machine.
> PDF embeds the fonts inside the file.
>
> The other nifty feature of PDF files is bookmarks. They are pdfmarks
> placed in the PS file which generates a bookmarks lists in Adobe
> Acrobat. I find it allows people to jump around in the text much
> quicker. I used it in the PDF version of my book. It is automatically
> generated by LaTeX for every Chapter/Section in the book. Not sure if
> you can do that with Applixware.

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/admin.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/tutorial.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user.pdf

Only takes a minnit to create them. I'll put links up to them later.
BTW, gotta have the ps version to create the pdf this way.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com http://www.pop4.net
128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com